Happy super late 2018!
We’ve got a lot to look forward to this year – birthdays, summer vacation, new opportunities, and, of course, new books and movies.
Just like last year, I’ve put together a list of what’s coming out in 2018, and boy, are we in for some good stuff!
- The Death Cure: Coming January 26th, the last movie in the Maze Runner trilogy is (finally) coming out! It’s about time too, since The Scorch Trials was released in 2015. I personally have not read or seen the Maze Runner, but it looks to be good!
- Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve, book #2): Just two days after The Death Cure, the second and last book in Marissa Meyer’s graphic novel series will be released! I should probably head to the library to re-check the first one out. . . .
- Black Panther: T’Challa finally gets his turn in the spotlight on February 16th. Coming out three months before Infinity War’s release, it seems unlikely that this will come out on DVD before the next Avengers. Hopefully everyone can see it in theaters!
- Honor Among Thieves: This is a February 13th YA release. It looks like it’s about a futuristic space program, and a criminal that is enrolled in it. I’ll have to put this on my reading list!
- A Wrinkle in Time: On March 9th, this book-to-movie adaptation has a pretty excellent-looking cast (Chris Pine, Reese Witherspoon . . . Oprah Winfrey?) I look forward to see how closely it stays to the book.
April: I couldn’t find many interesting releases in April, but I could have missed some. Guess this just means more time for Camp NaNoWriMo!
- Avengers: Infinity Wars: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait until May 4th, the release date of the climactic new Avengers movie! Everything’s been leading up to this one moment. . . . Marvel, please don’t mess this up! Please!
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Coming out on the 25th, apparently this movie will be exploring what Han Solo was doing before A New Hope. It’s going to be weird not seeing Harrison Ford as the cocky pilot, but hopefully this lives up to the Star Wars legacy.
- The Incredibles 2: All I can say is, it’s about time this movie was released. What will this super family be up to next? I’ll probably go see this as close to the release date (the 15th) as possible.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: And, of course, there has to be a dinosaur movie that’s coming out (on June 22nd). The first one was okay, but I wonder what they’ll do in this next segment to make it interesting. Unfortunately, I don’t think Zach and Gray are in this one. 😦
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: It seems like Marvel is cranking out movies at an amazing rate this year. The next installment in the Cinematic Universe is set to release July 6th, and if it’s as good as the first one, this is going to be great! (They’d better have Luis in it, though!)
- Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation: I didn’t think that this franchise would even have a third one, but on Friday the 13th (coincidence???), we’ll see our favorite host vampire say blah-blah-blah again (or will he?! 😉 )
August: as in April, I couldn’t really find that many appealing books or movies coming out during this month. Now I won’t have anything to distract me from school restarting (ugh).
- Supernova (Amulet Book #8): Okay, I’m not exactly sure what the release date is, but I saw somewhere that it will be the 26th of September. But I’m not sure if this is accurate, given that the release date has changed like three times.
- Jack Frost: The End Becomes the Beginning: Again, I’m not really sure if this is the current release date (it’s been changed so many times, just like Amulet), but October 2nd was the last official date I saw, so I’m sticking to it. Anyways, I really hope it’s this year, because the last book was published in, what – 2012?
- KOTLC #7: Shannon Messenger’s last installment in the Keeper of the Lost Cities isn’t named, and it doesn’t have a release date. But since most of the others have been released in November, I’m going to hazard a guess and say that she’ll follow the pattern this year as well. (But what will she do after she finishes this series?)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: The next Fantastic Beasts is coming out!! On Friday the 16th we’ll see what happens to Newt next.
- Aquaman: I have not seen Justice League (but I heard it was kind of a let-down). But the biggest surprise I saw in the trailers was that Aquaman would be part of the founding team. Four days before Christmas, we get to learn more about this new addition to the team.
As I said, it’s a lot to read through. (Sorry! I had no idea there was going to be so much!) This should definitely be an exciting year!
What are the books and movies you’re looking forward to?